The Westlake Aquatic Center provides Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification. Coursework includes a two-day class and in-water instruction. Call 573-374-7370 today to pre-register and inquire about next class. Cost $275. Includes books, CPR mask, classroom time, pool time and personal instruction. Must be at least 15 years old and be able to swim. The Westlake Aquatic Center is located at the back of the Laurie Fairgrounds in Laurie, Mo. Call 573-374-7370.
Class: $275 (Must be prepaid.)
- Participants must be 15 years old on/before the first day of class
- Students must be able to swim 300 meters without stopping (100 yards freestyle, 100 yards breaststroke, & 100 yards of choice)
- Students must be able to tread water for 2 minutes without using hands
- Students must retrieve 10 lb brick from the deep end of the pool & swim the brick backwards (legs only) 20 yards
- Students must be able to exit the pool without using a ladder and have the fitness level to handle deep water rescues
(Students may practice their skills free at WAC prior to the class.)
Life guard classes and CPR/AED classes are available in the spring and to contact the pool for dates and time.